How are you spending Spring Break 2019?
Are you chilling on a beach? Exploring national parks? Hanging with family at home? Wherever you are, we want to see your Greetings from Spring Break!
Post a photo on Instagram, Facebook, OR Twitter of how you’re spending Spring Break 2019, and tag it with #1FBSpringBreak for your chance to win a $100 credit to your 1FBUSA account!
We’ll pick our favorites to be finalists, then you, your family, and friends can vote for the winning photo on our Facebook page. Entries will be accepted through Friday March 28, 2019. Facebook voting will take place April 1-7. Winner will be chosen and announced on April 8. Read full rules below.
1st Financial Bank USA Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: The 1st Financial Bank USA Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest is open only to those who meet the eligibility requirements as follows: Must be age 18+, a resident of the United and a current cardholder of 1st Financial Bank USA (1FBUSA). Employees, their immediate families, and members of the same households as employees of 1FBUSA and 1FBUSA Subsidiaries are not eligible. “Immediate families” includes spouses, children, siblings, parents, and grandparents. This contest is only open to residents of TX, PA, OH, NC, NJ, IL, and CA.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest, You agree to be fully bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of 1st Financial Bank USA as final and binding as it relates to the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on March 18, 2019 and ending at 11:59 p.m. CST on March 28 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible.
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- You may enter the Contest online via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter post by tagging Your Spring Break photo using the official contest hashtag: “#1FBSpringBreak”. Your entry must have the ability to be publically viewed if posted on Facebook. If entry is posted on Twitter or Instagram, Your account must be public. The entry must fulfill all Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a $100 credit to Your 1FBUSA account. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 1st Financial Bank USA. Photo should be taken during 2019 Spring Break. Photos portraying nudity, drugs, underage drinking, or other subjects deemed inappropriate by 1st Financial Bank USA will not be considered. Entrant must have internet and social media access to enter online. You may enter online only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple social accounts, email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to bypass the Rules, Your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 1st Financial Bank USA.
Upon submission, all entries become the exclusive property of 1st Financial Bank USA and will not be acknowledged or returned. 1st Financial Bank USA reserves the right to, and at its sole discretion may, reject any entry for failure to comply with these requirements. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is also subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Rules. 1st Financial Bank USA’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. 1st Financial Bank USA assumes no responsibility for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries or for incorrect or inaccurate information.
- Prize: The Winner of Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest will receive a $100 credit to his or her 1FBUSA account. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 1st Financial Bank USA. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 1st Financial Bank USA’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 1st Financial Bank USA to display the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. 1st Financial Bank USA makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply regarding the use of any prize. 1st Financial Bank USA will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
- Odds: The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. It is not reasonably possible to estimate the number of expected participants in this contest because this is the first time the Bank has run this contest.
- Finalists/Winner Selection and Notification: Favorite entries will be selected as Finalists by 1st Financial Bank USA on or before Monday April 1 2019, and finalists will be notified via comment, reply, or direct message on the social platform of entry. Photos portraying nudity, drugs, underage drinking, or other subjects deemed inappropriate by 1st Financial Bank USA will not be considered. Voting of the finalist entries will take place starting Monday April 1, 2019 through Sunday April 7, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST on 1st Financial Bank USA’s official Facebook page. The eligible finalist’s photo who receives the most likes at the end of the voting period will win the $100 credit to his or her 1FBUSA account. In the event of a tie, a $100 credit will be awarded to each photo. Winner will be announced on April 8, 2019. Eligibility rules do not apply to voters of the finalists on Facebook; voting by liking an entry will be open to all Facebook users. If fraud is suspected or entry is found to be ineligible, 1st Financial Bank USA has the right to determine the winner. Winner will be notified via direct message on his or her Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account where the entry was posted within 24 hours following selection of Winner. 1st Financial Bank USA shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other privacy settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to comply with the Rules, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest is conditioned upon Winner’s compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Winner List/Official Rules/Contact: The rules are available online at https://students.1fbusa.com/en/contests-promotions/spring-break-contest-rules/. To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of these Rules, send Your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to 1st Financial Bank USA 363 W Anchor Drive Dakota Dunes, SD 57049. Requests for the names of winners must be received no later than ten (10) days after the Contest Period has ended.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest and posting a public Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook photo with “#1FBSpringBreak”, You understand and agree that 1st Financial Bank USA, and anyone acting on behalf of 1st Financial Bank USA, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to repost, print, publish, distribute, and use submitted entry information and content in any media now known or hereafter developed. This may include without limitation, Your entry submission, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest and submitting content, You represent and warrant that Your entry is original or credited work, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of 1st Financial Bank USA. If the content of Your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless 1st Financial Bank USA from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which 1st Financial Bank USA may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: 1st Financial Bank USA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 1st Financial Bank USA’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest. In such case, 1st Financial Bank USA may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by 1st Financial Bank USA. 1st Financial Bank USA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest or violates these Rules. 1st Financial Bank USA has the right to maintain the integrity of Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest, to void entries and/or votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user in excess of that is allowed by Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 1st Financial Bank USA reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: 1st Financial Bank USA assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website, or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 1st Financial Bank USA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, and employees from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes and Governing Law: 1ST FINANCIAL BANK USA GREETINGS FROM SPRING BREAK PHOTO CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SOUTH DAKOTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to You, but in such circumstances, You agree that this exclusion of liability shall extend to the fullest extent permitted by law. You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor and Contact Information: The Sponsor of Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest is 1st Financial Bank USA. It is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. By entering, You completely release Instagram, Facebook and Twitter of all liability in connection with Greetings from Spring Break Photo Contest.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at 1st Financial Bank USA’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.