Being a student can stretch your patience, time management, and bank account. But, did you know that it also comes with some perks?
Student life is stressful when it comes to managing money because you now have to pay for things on your own. However, it may be difficult to find the time to work many hours while being a full-time student. That's why every penny counts. Luckily, there are hundreds of companies that offer student discounts to make those little expenses just a bit better! Here are some of the best ones.
Food (varies on location)
- Chipotle offers a free drink or 15% with the purchase and a valid student ID presented. Depending on the month there may be additional promotions occurring.
- Qdoba offers a free drink with the purchase when a valid student ID is presented.
- Burger King offers 10% off your total purchase when a valid student ID is presented.
- McDonald’s offers 10% off your total purchase when a valid student ID is presented.
- Buffalo Wild Wings offers 10% off your total purchase when a valid student ID is presented. They also have buy one get one free wings on Tuesdays!
- Dairy Queen typically offers 10% off your total purchase when a valid student ID is presented.
- Arby’s offers 10% off your total purchase when a valid student ID is presented.
- Apple offers a back to school discount each year. Typically a store gift card is rewarded with the purchase of a Mac, iPad, or iPhone.
- Dell offers students discounted prices on their products. You may also find a small discount through UNiDAYS. Visit their website to learn more.
- Lenovo offers 5% off site wide for students.
- McAfee offers a special discount for students on 10-device total protection.
- Adobe offers a 60% off discount for students and teachers.
- Microsoft offers 10% off Pro, Pro 2, and Pro 3 models, as well as 10% or more off all Windows PCs and accessories. An additional perk is they offer special pricing on software.
- AMC Theaters offers discounted tickets with a valid student ID.
- Cinemark offers discounted tickets with a valid student ID (locations may vary).
- Chevrolet offers college students and recent graduates preferred pricing on most vehicles. Just create an online account to receive a discount code authorization, which is then presented at the local dealership.
- New Jersey Transit offers 25% off monthly passes to select schools. Many colleges participate in N.J. Transit University Partnership Program. Visit their website to see if your school is included!
- Greyhound offers 10% off unrestricted tickets to thousands of locations, and you can save 15% on package shipping.
- Allstate offers a car insurance discount of up to 20% for full-time students under the age of 25. Visit your local agent for more information.
- Geico offers full-time students between the ages of 16 and 25 up to $200 of car insurance when a “B” average or better is maintained.
- State Farm offers a “good student” discount depending on where you live. Savings can be up to 25% off, and you can receive the discount until you turn 25, even if you already graduated.
- Farmers Insurance offers full-time students, under the age of 25, a Farmers Student Discount if they have qualifying grades.
- Nationwide Insurance offers a discount to students between the ages of 16 and 25 on their car insurance if a “B” average or higher is maintained.
Phone Providers (varies on the school)
- Sprint offers a discount on your total monthly bill depending on which school you attend. Visit their website to verify your eligibility.
- AT&T offers a discount for students. The student must be eligible based on if their school participates in the program. Visit their website to see if you are eligible!
- Sam’s Club offers a discounted membership and a $15 gift card for signing up when verified by UNiDAYS.
- Amazon offers 6 months of free 2-day shipping and prime video, then you are eligible for a discounted rate on prime after the 6 months is up.
- New York Times offers a discounted subscription, the amount of savings depends on the service selected by the user. Visit there website to learn more!
- The Wall Street Journal offers a significant discount off regular rates. There are two different student packages, one includes the digital pack and the other includes the digital and print pack.
- Spotify offers 50% off Spotify Premium, which includes no ads, an unlimited amount of skips, and access to Hulu and Showtime.
- Sperry offers students the chance to join their VIP program to earn special offers. (Locations may vary)
- 1-800 Contacts offers 10% off purchases and free shipping when registered with UNiDAYS.
- Kate Spade offers 15% off your purchase when verifying your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Levi’s offers 15% off online orders to students. Verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Barnes and Noble offer a variety of discounts on new and used textbooks, as well as rentals.
- Goodwill offers a discount off your purchase on Thursdays when a valid student ID is presented. (Locations may vary)
- Tom’s offers 10% off for students.
- Under Armour offers 10% off for students when verified by UNiDAYS.
A great way to get discounts is through UNiDAYS. They offer student discounts in-stores and online with hundreds of brands and merchants. It also varies on the type of discount too! UNiDAYS offers discounts on clothing, entertainment, and technology.
While there are hundreds of student discounts, the ones listed above are widespread. Typically a student discount will range anywhere from a free drink, no ads or limits on Spotify, to anywhere between 10-30% off when presenting your student ID. Some companies vary between providing percentages off their products and other types of discounts.
Want to learn about budgeting? Check out 6 Tips for Budgeting Your Money in College.
For more interesting and helpful articles for college students check out our College Life blog!