Being a student can stretch your patience, time management, and bank account, but did you know that it also comes with some perks?
It can be difficult to find the time to work many hours while being a full-time student. That's why every penny counts. Luckily, many companies offer student discounts to help save students money on college expenses. You may be wondering, “How do I find student discounts?” Here are some of the best student discounts for college students in 2021. Note: Discounts listed below may be subject to change at any time.
Electronics Student Discounts
There are various 2021 electronics student discounts that can help students keep more cash in their pockets. Take advantage of these discounts to save money on computers, accessories, and more. Remember, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and other eligibility factors.
- Adobe offers a 60% discount for students and teachers.
- Apple offers reduced prices for college students year round.
- Best Buy offers student deals when you sign up for a “My Best Buy” account.
- HP offers deals for students when you sign up with an .edu email address.
- Lenovo gives students a percentage off sitewide.
- Microsoft offers a variety of discounts for students, including free Office 365 and up to 10% off select items.
- Samsung offers discounts to all students, but you can save even more by signing up for the program called the Samsung Student Discount Program.
Entertainment Student Discounts
Take advantage of these 2021 entertainment discounts for college students in order to save money on movies and more. Keep in mind, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and the fact that some venues may be closed, have adjusted hours of operation, or have limited capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- AMC Theaters offers discounted tickets with a valid college ID.
- Apple Music offers college students a discounted monthly rate for up to 48 months. The student subscription also includes Apple TV+ for a limited time. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in an equivalent higher education program.
- Art Institute of Chicago offers students a discounted admission rate for students who are Chicago residents, Illinois residents, and out-of-state residents. Admission rates vary depending on your current resident status.
- Cinemark offers discounted tickets with a valid student ID (locations may vary).
- Lincoln Center New York offers students discounted ticket rates when presenting their student ID.
- Spotify offers 50% off Spotify Premium, which includes no ads, an unlimited number of skips, and access to Hulu and Showtime.
- The Museum of Fine Arts Houston offers students a discounted entry rate. If you present your student ID and are 19+, admission is $12.
Transportation Student Discounts
Transportation can get expensive, so consider using these 2021 transportation student discounts to save money in college. Some offers may vary depending on location and time of year.
- Amtrak offers a 15% savings on train tickets for students between the ages of 17-24, if the purchase was made one day in advance.
- GM offers a discount for eligible students and recent graduates to save on 2022, 2021, or 2020 Chevrolet vehicles.
- Greyhound gives students 10% off on Greyhound travel. They also offer 15% off on package shipping sent through Greyhound Package Express.
- New Jersey Transit offers 25% off monthly passes to students attending select colleges that participate in its University Partnership Program. Visit their website to see if your school is included.
- Penske offers a 10% discount on truck rentals, which you can use when you’re moving in and out.
Insurance Student Discounts
Take advantage of your good grades and student status to save every month on your insurance. See what student discounts you are eligible for and start saving! Here are some of the best college student discounts 2021 has to offer. Some discounts may vary based on location and other factors
- Allstate offers discounted car insurance rates for full-time, unmarried students under the age of 25. Visit Allstate’s website or talk to your local agent to learn more.
- American Family Insurance offers a "good student" discount for students between the ages of 16 and 25 who are enrolled in high school or a two- or four-year college. Students must maintain a minimum of a “B” average and be on the dean’s list, honor roll, or equivalent list highlighting their academic standing. Talk to your local agent to see if you qualify.
- Farmers Insurance offers full-time students a good student discount if they have a 3.0 or better GPA. Farmers Insurance also accepts qualifying students who are on the dean’s list, on the honor roll, in the top 20% of their class, or in the the top 20% on standardized testing.
- Geico gives full-time students a good student discount if they maintain a “B” average or better. They also offer discounts for specific fraternity, sorority, and honor society membership discounts. Talk to your local agent for more information.
- Nationwide Insurance offers a discount to full-time high school or college students between the ages of 16 and 24 on their car insurance if they maintain a “B” average or higher.
- Progressive offers insurance discounts for full-time students under the age of 23, who maintain a “B” average or higher, go to school more than 100 miles away, or drive while they are under the age of 18. Discounts vary by state.
- State Farm offers a good student discount to full-time high school, college, or homeschooled students, who can show proof of a “B” or 3.0 average. They also accept proof of being in the top 20% in your class or have qualifying test scores if you’re homeschooled. These discounts can be up to 25% and last until you turn 25. Discounts vary by state.
Cell Phone Provider Student Discounts
Certain phone providers are offering 2021 student discounts to help college students save money. Keep in mind, some discounts may vary based on time of year, location, and school.
- AT&T offers savings of up to $10/ month per line on AT&T Unlimited Elite. They also include access to 5G with no extra change.
- Verizon offers a savings of up to $25/month on an Unlimited mobile plan for eligible students.
Membership & Subscription Student Discounts
There are various 2021 memberships and subscriptions that offer education discounts. Find which discount will be the best for you and save money in college. Be sure to include recurring membership and subscription purchases in your budget. Some discounts may vary by location and time of year.
- Amazon offers six months of Amazon Prime free for students, which includes free two day shipping. After the six month period, students are eligible for a discounted rate with all Amazon Prime Student benefits.
- HelloFresh offers 15% off every food subscription box if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
- Peloton offers a special discount for students on the Peloton app, which includes workout videos and more.
- The New York Times offers a discounted subscription. The amount of savings depends on the type of subscription selected by the user.
- The Wall Street Journal offers a significant discount off its regular subscription rates. While attending school, students may purchase a digital subscription for $4 a month or a print and digital subscription for $10 a month.
- Youtube Premium offers verified students a 1-month free trial. After the trial period is over, students can pay $6.99/month, which is a savings of $5/month.
Retail Student Discounts
There are many student deals 2021 students can expect from retail stores. Take advantage of your student discounts to save money and get the best retail therapy! Some offers may vary depending on time of year and location.
- 1-800 Contacts offers 10% off purchases and free shipping when registered with UNiDAYS.
- Aerie offers 20% off your entire purchase if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
- Aeropostale offers students an extra 15% off sitewide. Verify your student status with UNiDAYs.
- Banana Republic offers 15% off any full price item when you present a valid student ID in stores.
- Crocs offers a 25% discount if you’re verified with Student Beans.
- Goodwill offers 10% off your entire purchase on Thursdays when you present a valid student ID.
- J.Crew offers a 15% discount in stores and online for students with a valid college ID.
- Kate Spade offers a 15% discount for students. You will need to verify your status with UNiDAYs.
- Levi’s offers 25% off online orders to students. Verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Nike offers a 10% discount to eligible high school, college, and university students in the United States.
- TOMS offers a 10% discount to students verified with Student Beans.
How can I find student discounts?
Local and nationwide restaurants, stores, and other businesses may offer discounts or gift cards to students. So, no matter where you shop, never hesitate to ask if a student discount is available. Even a small discount can save you money. Always carry your student ID with you, so you can verify your student status. You’d be surprised at how much you can save by taking $5 off, 10% off, or more with each purchase. Take advantage of your student status while you can!
You can also find student discounts by searching online or viewing sites such as UNiDAYs or Student Beans. They offer reduced prices for students or exclusive discounts in store and online on dozens of brands of clothing, entertainment, technology, and more.
Always be on alert for all the student discount lists 2021 has to offer. That way, you can take full advantage of any money-saving opportunities. It doesn’t cost you anything, besides a little time, to ask for a discount. The savings can add up when you don’t have to pay full price. By using student discounts, you can help keep your budget in check and start saving for your future!