Being a student can stretch your patience, time management, and bank account, but it also comes with some perks. As you may know, it can be difficult to find the time to work many hours while being a full-time student. That's why every penny counts.
Luckily, many companies offer student discounts or free stuff for college students to help save students money on college expenses. You may be wondering, “How do I find student discounts?” Here are some of the best student discounts for college students in 2023. Note: Discounts listed below may be subject to change at any time.
Arts & Entertainment Student Discounts
Take advantage of these 2023 entertainment discounts for college students in order to save money on movies, museums, and more. Keep in mind, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and the fact that some venues may be closed or have adjusted hours of operation.
- AMC Theaters offers discounted movie tickets with a valid college ID (locations may vary).
- Art Institute of Chicago offers a tiered discount for students who are Chicago residents, Illinois residents, and out-of-state residents. Admission rates vary depending on your current resident status.
- California Museum offers tickets at a discounted rate with a valid student ID.
- Cinemark offers discounted tickets with a valid student ID (locations may vary).
- Denver Art Museum offers a discounted admission rate for students who are Colorado residents and out-of-state residents.
- Lincoln Center New York offers students discounted ticket rates when presenting their student ID.
- Regal Movie Theatres offers discounted pricing to students with a valid ID at the time of purchase (locations may vary).
- The Museum of Fine Arts Houston offers students a discounted entry rate. If you present your student ID and are 19+, admission is $12.
Electronics & Software Student Discounts
There are various 2023 student discounts on tech that can help students keep more cash in their pockets. Take advantage of these discounts to save money on computers, cell phones, software, accessories, etc. Remember, some offers may vary based on location, time of year, and other eligibility factors.
- Adobe offers a 60% discount for students and teachers on Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Apple offers reduced prices for college students year round.
- AT&T offers savings of up to $10/ month per line on AT&T Unlimited Premium.
- Avid offers education pricing for students on Pro Tools, Media Composer, and Sibelius.
- Best Buy offers student deals when you sign up for a “My Best Buy” account.
- Codecademy offers a 55% discount on Codecademy Pro for eligible college students.
- HP offers deals for students when you sign up with an .edu email address.
- Lenovo gives students a percentage off sitewide when you verify your student status with ID.me.
- Microsoft offers a variety of discounts for students, including free Office 365 and up to 10% off select items.
- Samsung offers discounts to all students, but you can save even more by signing up for the program called the Education Offers Program.
- US Mobile offers 20% off any plan and student-specific perks when you sign up with your .edu email address.
- Verizon offers a savings of up to $25/month on an Unlimited mobile plan for eligible students.
Food Student Discounts
Students can even save money on something they need to survive: food. There are student deals for eating out and ordering online meal kit services. Make sure to ask your local restaurants if they offer a discount, as some offers may vary depending on time of year and location.
- Blue Apron offers a $110 coupon and free shipping on your first order when you verify your student status with ID.me.
- Doordash offers a Student DashPass Plan at $4.99/month, which is a savings of $5/month. Requesting more than the minimum order can qualify you for free delivery.
- EveryPlate offers 75% off your first student meal kit box, free shipping, and an on-going 15% discount that can be applied for one year, if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
- HelloFresh offers 55% off your first food subscription box, free shipping, and an on-going 15% discount that can be applied for one year, if you are registered with UNiDAYs.
Insurance Student Discounts
Take advantage of your good grades and student status to save every month on your insurance. See what student discounts you are eligible for and start saving! Here are some of the best college student discounts 2023 has to offer. Some discounts may vary based on location and other factors
- Allstate offers discounted car insurance rates for eligible unmarried students under 25 years of age. Visit Allstate’s website or talk to your local agent to learn more.
- American Family Insurance offers a "good student" discount for students between the ages of 16 and 25 who are enrolled in high school or a two- or four-year college. Students must maintain a minimum of a “B” average and be on the dean’s list, honor roll, or equivalent list highlighting their academic standing. Talk to your local agent to see if you qualify.
- Farmers Insurance offers full-time students a good student discount if they have a 3.0 or better GPA. Farmers Insurance also accepts qualifying students who are on the dean’s list, on the honor roll, in the top 20% of their class, or in the the top 20% on standardized testing.
- Geico gives full-time students a good student discount if they maintain a “B” average or better. They also offer discounts for specific fraternity, sorority, and honor society membership discounts. Talk to your local agent for more information.
- Nationwide Insurance offers a discount to full-time high school or college students between the ages of 16 and 24 on their car insurance if they maintain a “B” average or higher.
- Progressive offers insurance discounts for full-time students under the age of 23, who maintain a “B” average or higher or drive while they are under the age of 18. Discounts vary by state.
- State Farm offers a good student discount to full-time high school, college, or homeschooled students, who can show proof of a “B” or 3.0 average. They also accept proof of being in the top 20% in your class or have qualifying test scores if you’re homeschooled. These discounts can be up to 25% and last until you turn 25. Discounts vary by state.
Music & Media Student Discounts
There are various 2023 music and media platforms that offer education discounts. Find which music and streaming services discounts will be the best for you and save money in college. Be sure to include recurring membership and subscription purchases in your budget. Some discounts may vary by location and time of year.
- Apple Music offers college students a discounted monthly rate for up to 48 months. The student subscription also includes Apple TV+ for a limited time. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in an equivalent higher education program.
- Babbel offers a student discount of 65% on 3 months of Babbel, making your total $15.99 to learn a new language verified with ID.me.
- Headspace offers 85% off well-being resources (mindfulness, sleep, breathing, happiness, etc.), making the plan $9.99/year for students verified with SheerID.
- Pandora offers verified students a 60-day free trial for Pandora Premium Student. After the trial, U.S. students pay $4.99/month, which is a savings of 50% for up to four years.
- Peloton offers a special discount for students on the Peloton app, which includes workout videos and more.
- SoundCloud offers verified students a 30-day free trial of SoundCloud Go+ then 50% off per month.
- Spotify offers Spotify Premium Student for up to four years, which includes no ads, an unlimited number of skips, and access to Hulu.
- The New York Times offers a discounted introductory subscription. You can get digital access to The NY Times for $1/week for a year.
- The Princeton Review offers discounts on test prep materials for students throughout the year.
- The Wall Street Journal offers a significant discount off its regular subscription rates. While attending school, students may purchase a digital subscription for $2 a month or a print and digital subscription for $10 a month.
- Youtube Premium offers verified students a 3-month free trial. After the trial period is over, students can pay $7.99/month, which is a savings of $6/month.
Retail Student Discounts
There are many student deals 2023 students can expect from retail stores. Take advantage of your student discounts to save money and get the best retail therapy! Some offers may vary depending on time of year and location. Sales tax may not be included in the offers listed.
- 1-800 Contacts offers 10% off purchases when registered with UNiDAYS.
- Aeropostale offers students an extra 15% off sitewide. Verify your student status with UNiDAYs.
- Amazon student discount offers six months free for Amazon Prime for students, which includes free two day shipping. After the six month period, students are eligible for a discounted rate with all Amazon Prime Student benefits.
- Blick offers a 10% discount on art supplies by showing your student ID and a Preferred Customer Card in-store.
- Converse offers a 20% discount if you’re verified with SheerID.
- Crocs offers a 25% discount if you’re verified with Student Beans.
- FedEx offers a 20-30% savings with your Student ID when you ship a document or package at participating locations.
- J.Crew offers a 15% discount in stores and online for students with a valid college ID.
- Kate Spade offers a 15% discount for students. You will need to verify your status with UNiDAYs.
- Levi’s offers 15% off online orders to students. Verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Nike offers a 10% discount to eligible high school, college, and university students in the United States, who verify their student status with SheerID.
- Purple offers a 10% discount on mattresses for students who verify their student status with SheerID.
- Reebok offers a 50% discount for college students ages 16+ with a valid school email address.
- The North Face offers a 20% discount to all eligible college and university students in the United States verified with SheerID.
Transportation & Travel Student Discounts
Transportation can get expensive, so consider using these 2023 travel student discounts to save money in college. Some offers may vary depending on location and time of year.
- Amtrak student discount offers a 15% savings on train tickets for students between the ages of 17-24, if the purchase was made one day in advance.
- General Motors offers deals for eligible students and recent graduates on select Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac vehicles.
- New Jersey Transit offers 25% off monthly passes to students attending select colleges that participate in its University Partnership Program. Visit their website to see if your school is included.
- Penske offers a 10% discount on truck rentals, which you can use when you’re moving in and out.
- United offers a 5% discount on flights for college-aged travelers (18-23 year olds) by signing up for a free Mileage Plus account in the United app.
How can I find student discounts?
Local and nationwide restaurants, stores, and other businesses may offer gift cards or discounts for graduate students. So, no matter where you shop, never hesitate to ask if a student discount is available. Even a small discount can save you money. Always carry your student ID with you, so you can verify your student status. You’d be surprised at how much you can save by taking $5 off, 10% off, or more with each purchase. Take advantage of learning how to save money in college while you can!
You can also find student discounts by searching online or viewing sites such as UNiDAYs or Student Beans. They offer reduced prices for students or exclusive discounts in store and online on dozens of brands of clothing, entertainment, technology, and more.
Whether you’re paying with cash or credit card, always be on alert for all the student discount lists 2023 has to offer. That way, you can take full advantage of any money-saving opportunities. It doesn’t cost you anything, besides a little time, to ask for a discount. The savings can add up when you don’t have to pay full price for school supplies. By purchasing from places with student discounts, you can help keep your budget in check, start saving for your future, and reach your college financial goals!